The Wadsworth Golf Charities Foundation Grant
From The Wadsworth Golf Charities Foundation
Wadsworth Golf Charities Foundation is dedicated to improving communities through the embodiment of the moral, ethical and cultural codes of the game of golf.
Wadsworth Golf Charities Foundation is dedicated to improving communities through the embodiment of the moral, ethical and cultural codes of the game of golf, which are as follows:
- In golf there is a unique emphasis on the gentle behavioral qualities of self-discipline, culture and etiquette in order to conform to a higher standard of propriety and respect between human beings.
- Golf also embodies the qualities of charity, a lenient judgment of others and the opportunity for enriching the lives of all who come in contact with the game.
- In a broader sense, golf is also a sport that offers far reaching educational and cultural benefits. As anyone who has tried the game can attest, golf offers a challenging and never-ending learning experience requiring both discipline and patience.
- While it can be played competitively against others, its primary goal is self improvement.
- Thus golf can offer the “thrill of victory,” even if on only one shot during a round, to anyone regardless of physical capabilities.
- The social and cultural lessons of golf begin in an aura of peace with nature itself, in the fresh open air, and in a quiet, relaxing, tension-free atmosphere.